Photo Gallery | Firefighter saves cat rescued from house fire
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - One feline in Montgomery is sending extra special purrs tonight to a Montgomery firefighter after the man saved it from a burning house.
According to the Montgomery fire department, units responded to a home on fire in the 600 block of Carol Villa road on Wednesday afternoon. When they arrived, smoke was seen coming from the attic area of the home.
The homeowner wasn't home at the time of the fire, but she arrived on-scene as authorities were working on the home. The woman advised her cat was still inside the house.
Firefighters were able to rescue the cat from inside the home and give it oxygen. While the homeowner said she planned to take the cat to the vet, the furry feline is expected to be OK.
Authorities say the home sustained moderate damage to the attic area. At this time, the cause cannot be determined.