Downed stoplights causing traffic back-up | Transportation
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Crews are working to restore or move a downed red light at the intersection of Congressman Dickinson and Gunter Park roads. Traffic is currently being diverted into a field to bypass the damaged lines.
Authorities say a semi-truck driver turned a corner too fast hitting one of the support poles. The pole snapped and split in half. No injuries were reported.
If you are traveling in that direction, expect delays.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MPD investigating fatal shooting on Brookview Drive
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps