Huntingdon men's basketball struggles at Mississippi College | Schools
The Huntingdon men’s basketball team fell behind in the first half and fell to Mississippi College 92-76 on Saturday.
“We played hard, but turnovers killed us today. We turned the ball over 26 times and they scored 30 points off of turnovers,” Huntingdon head coach Mike Pugh said. “I’m proud of the effort our guys are giving, we’ve just got to find a way to eliminate the mistakes.”
Austin Hill and Jason Varney each scored 19 points for Huntingdon (5-15). Hill also had a team-high eight rebounds. Jake Hataway added 13 points.
Laquavius Cotton led Mississippi College (12-8) with 28 points.
Huntingdon hosts Rust College on Feb. 9 at 3 p.m.
Source: Huntingdon College Sports Information Director
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Club Blaze's license revoked by the Montgomery City Council
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation