Hawks can't find answer for Birmingham-Southern | Schools
Ryan Petty and Jeremiah Thomas combined for 38 points on Wednesday but it wasn’t enough for the Huntingdon men’s basketball team. Birmingham-Southern took a 19-point lead into the half and downed the Hawks 73-59 at Roland Arena.
The Panthers (10-3) extended their lead to as many as 24 points in the second half before Huntingdon (5-10) chipped away in the final 10 minutes to pull within 12 points with 2:38 to play. That was as close as the Hawks would get.
Petty finished with 23 points and Thomas added 15 points and nine rebounds.
Huntingdon travels to Berry on Jan. 16.
Source: Huntingdon College Sports Information Director
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Develop nerves of steel with Kevin Elko on May 29
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office now accepting applications for Citizens Police Academy
- Club Blaze's license revoked by the Montgomery City Council
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation