MPS' Career and Technical Education Department to hold Career Academy Fair this Satrurday | Schools
MPS’ Career and Technical Education Department will hold its annual Career Academy Fair on Saturday, Jan. 5 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at Eastdale Mall near the food court.
The career academy fair is designed for middle school students in MPS schools who are interested in learning about the seven high school career academies MPS offers. The academies cover diverse fields such as advanced manufacturing, hospitality and tourism, information technology, health science, education, business and finance, and law and public safety. While at the fair, students and parents will have an opportunity to talk to career academy teachers, guidance counselors and students who are currently enrolled in the programs.
The career academies combine hands-on training with core academic courses, internships, dual enrollment and professional experiences. Students acquire the knowledge and skills they need to fulfill college or technical school entrance requirements, receive industry certification or immediately move into the workforce after graduation.
The fair also kicks-off the district’s career academy application period, which begins January 7 and runs through March 8, 2013. Applications will be available at all the middle schools and on the MPS website on Jan. 7.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Club Blaze's license revoked by the Montgomery City Council
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation