Huntingdon women fall to Muskingum | Schools
The Huntingdon women’s basketball team battled Muskingum but came up short in an 86-73 loss on Tuesday.
Huntingdon (3-6) led for much of the first half but fell behind just before halftime. Muskingum (5-6) took a 36-32 lead into the half and built as much as a 15-point lead in the first 10 minutes of the second half.
Trailing 65-50 with 10:35 to play, Huntingdon rallied with a 14-2 run to pull within three points, 67-64, with 5:31 to play. But that was as close as the Lady Hawks could get.
The Muskies regained momentum in the final minutes to close the game.
Morgan Crawford finished with 14 points, 10 assists and five steals to lead Huntingdon.
Patricia Pickens added 12 points and six rebounds and Katie Martin scored 12 points. Tanjanik Munford pulled down seven rebounds and Alyson Burke had six rebounds.
The Lady Hawks return to action at Roland Arena on Dec. 29 in the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic. Huntingdon hosts Oglethorpe at 1 p.m.
Source: Huntingdon College Sports Information Director
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school