Huntingdon's Pickens named GSAC Basketball Player of the Week | People
Huntingdon sophomore Patricia Pickens was named the Great South Athletic Conference Player of the Week on Wednesday.
Pickens, a 5-foot-7 forward, totaled 16 points, 12 rebounds, three steals and two assists in a 69-45 win over conference rival Agnes Scott this past weekend. She was 7-of-11 from the field and 2-for-3 from the free-throw line.
The double-double was the third of the season for the Anniston, Ala., native, who is averaging 11.7 points and 6.8 rebounds per game for the Lady Hawks (11-8, 4-1 GSAC).
Huntingdon hosts Salem (11-9, 4-2 GSAC) on Saturday at 1 p.m.
Source: Huntingdon College Sports Information Director
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Report: Montgomery water quality deemed safe
- Pike Road resident a finalist to be recognized at MLB All Star Game's Tribute for Heroes
- AL divided up into 5 new Medicaid recipient regions
- Vehicle found; hunt for violent suspect accused of pulling gun on 2 continues
- Montgomery natives honored by AUM English dept.