Montgomery night club shooting leaves 1 dead, 2 injured | News
The Montgomery Police Department says one person is dead and two others are wounded following a night club shooting Thursday morning.
Shots rang out in the early hours of Thursday, July 7 at City Limits Bar and Grill on McGhee Road. When the firing ended, two men and a woman were hit.
Investigators say the shooting appears to have started with an argument between two people inside the club. Police say a security guard was involved in the situation, but it wasn't clear if the guard actually shot anyone or if he was simply responding to the gunfire inside the club.
All three individuals were rushed to Baptist Medical Center South for treatment, but investigators say one of the men died of his wounds a short time after arrival at the facility.
The second male is in critical, life-threatening condition.
The female victim is said to be suffering from wounds that are non life-threatening.
No identities have been released at this time.
This is the second death investigation of the day for Montgomery police. A short time after this case, an unrelated case was opened after a man was stabbed to death.
Copyright 2011 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Club Blaze's license revoked by the Montgomery City Council
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation