Montgomery DPS targeting illegal parking | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Montgomery Department of Public Safety is cracking down on drivers who park illegally. The DPS announced that Montgomery police and fire/rescue will focus on drivers who illegally park in handicap spaces and fire lanes.
Any person convicted of parking in a space reserved for disabled persons will be fined $100.00 for the first offense, $300.00 for the second offense, and $500.00 for the third or any subsequent offense.
Any person convicted of parking in a fire lane will be fined $100.00 for each offense.
The initiative is due to an increase in complaints from concerned citizens about handicap parking and fire lane parking violations.
The Montgomery DPS would like to remind drivers that handicap parking is limited within the city, and those spots are reserved for those with disabilities and proper credentials to park in handicap spaces.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding