Theft suspect on bike struck by vehicle on E. Blvd. | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA)- Montgomery Police and Fire Medics are working the scene of an accident on the East Boulevard where a bicyclist was struck by a vehicle.
The accident occurred in the 2200 block of the Eastern Boulevard near the intersection of Young Barn Road across from Home Depot. The scene has since been cleared and traffic is moving again.
Authorities say the bicyclist's injuries are believed to be life-threatening.
Police believe the bicyclist and a second individual are suspects in a theft that had just occurred from in business in that same area. Authorities believe both were fleeing from the scene when the crash occurred.
The second individual has been taken into custody.
Copyright 2013 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school
- Develop nerves of steel with Kevin Elko on May 29
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office now accepting applications for Citizens Police Academy
- Prattville woman arrested for multiple counts of home mortgage fraud and theft
- CrimeStoppers offering cash reward to find Autauga County chase suspect
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million