Montgomery mayor orders 1 day furlough for city employees | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA)- Montgomery Mayor Todd Strange tells WSFA 12 News that all city employees will have to take a furlough day.
Mayor Strange called the announcement a "regretful decision" but said it is necessary to protect the city's budget.
The mayor says the city's revenue is up $2.5 million dollars, but that money was used for city employee pay raises.
Employees will have between next Monday and the end of February to take the furlough day.
The mayor says most employees plan to use the day New Year's Eve.
We'll have more from the mayor on WSFA 12 News at 10:00.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- Father Purcell Memorial Exceptional Children's Center
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation