Overnight shooting marks Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2012 | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA)- Montgomery Police are investigating an overnight shooting that resulted in the city's 24th homicide of 2012.
The shooting took place at the 1600 block of Crouson Street in north Montgomery. Police indicate that the shooting stemmed from a possible robbery attempt.
Police tell WSFA 12 News that two individuals were taken to the hospital following the shooting. The victims were a 59-year-old male who sustained multiple gunshot wounds and was later pronounced dead and a 43-year-old male who was treated for non-life threatening injures.
No arrests have been made, but the investigation is ongoing.
MPD is asking that individuals with any information about this homicide call CrimeStoppers at 215-Stop, Secret Witness at 262-4000 or the Montgomery Police Department at 625-2831.
WSFA 12 news will update this story as new information becomes available.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding