Victims in fatal Prattville car crash identified | News
PRATTVILLE, AL (WSFA)- Prattville authorities are identifying two people involved in a fatal one-vehicle crash that occured in the early morning hours of Monday.
The driver, Benjamin Lee Gibson, 23, of Montgomery was critically injured when the 2004 Nissan Maxima he was driving at a high rate of speed crashed on Main Street at Memorial Drive.
Gibson had to be cut from the vehicle and rushed to Baptist South Medical Center in Montgomery.
Gibson's passenger, Hollie Elizabeth Chavers, 21, of Millbrook, was ejected from the vehicle after the crash. Medics transported her to Baptist South where she later died.
The crash occurred at 2:47am and involved only Gibson's vehicle. Authorities say the Nissan knocked down two power poles before coming to rest at the intersection of Main Street and Davis Street.
The cause of the accident is still under investigation by the Prattville Police Department.
(SOURCE: Prattville Police Department)
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Club Blaze's license revoked by the Montgomery City Council
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation