Lane Closures on Arba and South Streets this Weekend and Next Week | News
MONTGOMERY – Resurfacing work will continue this weekend into next week on I-85 service roads in the downtown area. Weather permitting, there will be lane closures on Arba Street and South Street beginning Friday, Oct. 5 at 6 p.m. through Sunday, Oct. 7 at 6 p.m.
Additionally, weather permitting, work will continue during the week of Oct. 8 until completed. Motorists can expect intermittent lane closures between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. each evening.
There will be at least one lane open to traffic on both streets during the resurfacing project but travel delays can be expected.
Motorists are requested to consider using alternate routes, adjust arrival/departure times, observe work zone speed limits and other work zone signs, and use extreme caution in this area. ALDOT thanks motorists for their patience during this construction to improve Alabama’s roadways.
ALDOT's mission is to provide a safe, efficient, environmentally and economically sound transportation network across Alabama. For further information, visit www.dot.state.al.us.
Information Source: ALDOT
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City to Participate in 2013 “Back to School” Sales Tax Holiday
- Prattville hosting Fountain City BMX race June 23rd
- City Announces Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening of Splash Pad
- New 70 hour per week restriction to hit 18-wheeler drivers on July 1
- Arrest made in Prattville police chase that involved officer car crash