School Superintendents Named as Finalists for the Alabama/Classworks 2013 Superintendent of the Year | News
Montgomery, AL., October 2, 2012 -- The School Superintendents of Alabama (SSA) and
Classworks, an SSA Premium Business Member, are proud to announce the school superintendents who
are finalists for the Alabama/Classworks 2013 Superintendent of the Year. All the finalists will be recognized
at the SSA Fall Conference in Florence during a luncheon on October 8th. The Superintendent of
the Year finalists include Dr. Alan Lee, Baldwin County; Dr. Daniel Boyd, Lowndes County; Mr. Terry
Holley, Covington County; Dr. Jeff Langham, Elmore County; Dr. Craig Witherspoon, Birmingham City;
Dr. Suzanne Lacey, Talladega County; Dr. Jason Adkins, Walker County; Mr. Charles W. (Billy) Coleman,
Cullman County; and Dr. Dale Edwards, Guntersville City.
The statewide judging of Alabama’s finalists and also the announcement of the
Alabama/Classworks 2013 Superintendent of the Year recipient will occur during the SSA Fall Conference
on October 9th. The Alabama/Classworks Superintendent of the Year will be presented with a plaque and
honored at the Superintendent of the Year Luncheon sponsored by Classworks on February 5, 2013, held
during SSA’s Legislative Conference in Montgomery. Classworks will provide Alabama’s winner with a
Superintendent of the Year ring and travel expenses to the AASA National Conference on Education,
February 21 - 23, 2013, in Los Angeles, CA. At the National Conference, Alabama’s winner will receive a
bronze medallion with the Superintendent of the Year emblem on it and a plaque from the American
Association of School Administrators (AASA), SSA’s national affiliate and national sponsor of this program.
Each state’s winner will be recognized during the National Conference on Education where the
national winner for 2013 will be announced. In addition, state winners are included in developing a
national - perspective white paper on leadership in the public schools.
Nominations for the award were submitted from each region of the state. The state winner will be
determined based on his or her career achievements and success in progressing public education.
The School Superintendents of Alabama (SSA) represents superintendents and school system leaders
around the state, and is an affiliate of the Council for Leaders in Alabama Schools (CLAS) and the
state affiliate for the American Association of School Administrators.
Information Source: The School Superintendents of Alabama
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school
- Prattville woman arrested for multiple counts of home mortgage fraud and theft
- CrimeStoppers offering cash reward to find Autauga County chase suspect
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million