Totals from Breakfast for Babies well over goal! | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA)- Breakfast for Babies 2012 was an overwhelming success with more than $22,500 raised in a little under four hours! The total donations surpassed last year's $18,000 total.
This year, there were close to 2,000 pre-orders, the biggest number of pre-orders in the seven year history of Breakfast for Babies. Some customers were seen handing $100 bills in when they received their meals.
Overall, more than 3,600 breakfasts were sold at $6 each, but many people donated above and beyond that amount. Organizers sold 500 Breakfast for Babies T-shirts as well.
This year Chappy's Deli added an extra drive-thru lane which got folks through the line much more quickly. More than 70 volunteers assisted during the 3 ½ hour event.
March of Dimes works to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature births, and infant mortality. That's what the money is going towards.
WSFA 12 News served as a proud sponsor of the event.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Serviceman surprises his kids at school
- Develop nerves of steel with Kevin Elko on May 29
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office now accepting applications for Citizens Police Academy
- Club Blaze's license revoked by the Montgomery City Council
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- Autauga County search linked to Prattville police chase
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!