Voting deadlines announced for general election | News
The Montgomery County Election Center announced deadlines for the General Election which is scheduled for Tuesday, November 6, 2012.
Registration and votiing deadlines for the special elections are as follows:
- Absentee voting begins Thursday, September 27
- Last day to register to vote is Friday, October 26
- Last day to apply for an Absentee Ballot is Thursday, November 1
- Hand delivery deadline for an Absentee Ballot is Monday, November 5
- Postmark deadline for an Absentee Ballot is Monday, November 5 and must be received by noon on Tuesday, November 6
- Election Day is Tuesday, November 6 from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. at the voter’s designated polling place
Citizens must be registered and qualified to vote in order to vote in the General Election. To register to vote, confirm a polling location or change voter information, contact the Montgomery County Board of Registrars at 832-1215.
An Absentee Ballot Application can be obtained by calling 832-1281, downloading the application from www.montgomeryelectioncenter.org or by visiting The Absentee Election Manager’s Office in Suite 220 at 125 Washington Avenue. When returning a completed application by mail, each voter must submit the application in a separate envelope. When returning an application in person, only the voter may hand-deliver the application to The Absentee Election Manager’s Office.
For more information regarding registering to vote or absentee voting, visit www.montgomeryelectioncenter.org or call The Montgomery Election Center at 832-7744.
Source: Montgomery Election Center
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MPD investigating fatal shooting on Brookview Drive
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps