Montgomery Weather Sirens to undergo update | News
Montgomery’s outdoor weather sirens will undergo a mandatory system update Wednesday, Sept. 12, through Friday, Sept. 14. During this period, all 80 of the city’s and county’s sirens will be inoperable. This update is required by the Federal Communications Commission.
Although there are no forecasts for inclement weather during this period, the Montgomery City/County Emergency Management Agency has devised a contingency plan for public notification should severe or threatening weather develop unexpectedly. The EMA contingency plan includes activation of reverse 911 messaging, Wide Area Rapid Notification messaging to schools and hospitals, and law enforcement public address announcements throughout the city and county.
Information Source: City of Montgomery
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City to Participate in 2013 “Back to School” Sales Tax Holiday
- Prattville hosting Fountain City BMX race June 23rd
- City Announces Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening of Splash Pad
- New 70 hour per week restriction to hit 18-wheeler drivers on July 1
- Arrest made in Prattville police chase that involved officer car crash