MPD investigating fatal shooting on Mill Street | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Montgomery Police Department is currently working the scene of a fatal shooting at a residence in West Montgomery.
According to authorities, MPD responded to a residence in the 2300 block of Mill Street Monday morning around 10 a.m. on the call of a subject shot.
When authorities arrived they found a female who suffered a fatal gunshot wound. She was pronounced dead at the scene. That victim was later identified at 21-year-old Alfreda Davidson. Her death has been listed as Montgomery's 19th homicide of 2012.
An initial investigation indicates that two males standing outside the residence were involved in a verbal altercation that escalated to gunfire. It is not immediately known if Davidson was involved in the altercation. Authorities believe she was walking between residences when she was struck.
At this time, there are no suspects in custody.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MPD investigating fatal shooting; nearby house surrounded by SWAT
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps