Six social media tools to help you get free tax information | News
The IRS uses a variety of technologies to help you get the tax information you need. Here are six ways the IRS uses social media to share information on tax changes, initiatives, products and services:
1. IRS2Go 2.0 IRS’s smartphone application allows you to check your refund status, get tax updates and follow the IRS via Twitter. IRS2Go 2.0 is available in the Apple App store for iPhone or iPod touch devices and in the GooglePlay store for Android devices.
2. YouTube IRSvideos YouTube Channel offers short, informative clips on various tax-related topics. The videos are available in English, American Sign Language and Spanish.
3. Twitter IRS tweets include tax-related announcements, news for tax professionals and updates for job seekers. Follow us @IRSnews.
4. Facebook IRS has Facebook pages that post tax information for individuals, tax professionals, and for those needing help resolving long-standing tax issues with the IRS.
5. Audio files for Podcasts These short audio recordings provide information on tax-related topics -- one per podcast. The audio files (along with transcripts) are available on iTunes or through the Multimedia Center on IRS.gov.
6. Widgets These tools, which can be placed on websites, blogs or social media networks, direct people to visit IRS.gov for information. The widgets feature the latest tax initiatives and programs and can be found on Marketing Express, the marketing site that allows IRS partners and tax preparers to customize their IRS communications products.
As a reminder, the IRS uses these tools to share information with you. Do not post any personal information on social media sites, especially your Social Security number or other confidential information. The IRS will not be able to answer personal tax or account questions on any of these platforms.
For more about IRS’s social media tools, visit IRS.gov and click on “Social Media.”
You can also contact your local office for personal tax help if you want face-to-face assistance or if you believe that your tax issue cannot be handled online or by phone.
The Montgomery office is located at 1285 Carmichael Way. Their phone number is (334) 264-2453.
The Dothan office is located at 202 W. Adams Street. Their phone number is (334) 702-3470
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AL divided up into 5 new Medicaid recipient regions
- Ken Hare In Depth: Answers on ASU legal fees still leave public in dark
- Media given sneak peek at new Park Crossing High School
- Montgomery Zoo and Mann Wildlife Learning Museum offers dad free admission on Father's Day
- Pike Road moves on after MPS vote
- City Announces Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening of Splash Pad
- New 70 hour per week restriction to hit 18-wheeler drivers on July 1
- Arrest made in Prattville police chase that involved officer car crash
- Prattville police officer recovering after pursuit ends in crash
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Autauga County Schools