Montgomery County Board of Education approves increase in meal prices | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Montgomery County School Board approved a measure that will increase the cost of a cafeteria meal at its board meeting this afternoon.
According to a Montgomery School spokesperson, when the board approved the measure, prices went up by 15 cents per meal for students who pay full price.
Student breakfasts will cost $1, elementary school lunches will cost $1.75 and middle and high school lunches will increase to $2 per meal.
Meals for faculty members will also increase. Breakfast rates will increase to $1.75, and lunch will increase by 25 cents making the cost $2.75.
Adult visitor breakfast costs will increase by 50 cents to $2.50. The student visitor breakfast costs will stay consistent at $1.25. Adult visitor lunch will increase by 25 cents to $3.75 and student visitor lunch costs will increase by 25 cents taking it to $2.75.
MPS officials say these increases were made necessary due to an increased cost.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school