Man who jumped off of interstate overpass listed in stable condition | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery Police say the man they believe jumped from an interstate overpass onto the roadway below is in stable condition and recovering at a local hospital.
Authorities were called to I-85 southbound Monday night around 6 p.m. on reports that a man had jumped off of the East Boulevard bridge onto the pavement below. Crews diverted interstate traffic on to the boulevard for a short time while authorities worked to give the man medical care and clear the scene. He was transported to a local hospital with life threatening injuries.
Police now say that man's condition has been upgraded to stable.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school
- Develop nerves of steel with Kevin Elko on May 29
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office now accepting applications for Citizens Police Academy
- Prattville woman arrested for multiple counts of home mortgage fraud and theft
- CrimeStoppers offering cash reward to find Autauga County chase suspect
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million