Montgomery County Commission votes on healthcare and wellness plan changes | Health
The Montgomery County Commission voted today to increase the employee/retiree healthcare plan contributions by $25 per month for individual and family coverage. However, the cost would be reduced by the same amount if employees and/or spouses remained tobacco-free. A signed affidavit stating that the employee is tobacco-free is required for employees to to receive the discount.
These changes will be reflected on the employee's first October 2012 paycheck. The County's contribution to the Healthcare and Wellness Plan will increase from $510 per month to $525 per month.
The County Commission also adopted a new wellness Cross-Fit program, which is a high-intensity exercise program. The monthly membership cost is $100, half of which will be paid by participating employees through payroll deductions and half by the County Healthcare Fund.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road