MPS Kindergarten Open House Set | Events
MONTGOMERY, Ala. – With bright eyes and anxious anticipation, the graduating class of 2026 will get their first classroom experiences at the Montgomery Public Schools Kindergarten Open House on Thursday, January 31 from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. All non-magnet MPS elementary schools will be participating. Superintendent Barbara W. Thompson says this is an exciting time for both children and their parents.
“I love watching students enter school for the first time,” said Superintendent Thompson. “Most of the time the parents are more nervous than the children.”
Each elementary school will offer tours and activities for students to help them feel at ease. Interim Assistant Superintendent Jason Lowe says he hopes every family who will have a student in kindergarten in August will come to the event.
“We will have an opportunity for both parents and students to get to know their school and their teachers,” said Assistant Superintendent Lowe. “We will have activities for the students and parents will get information on how to register and what a typical day in kindergarten is like.”
For more information, parents can contact their zoned elementary school or call the MPS Communication Office at 334-233-6761.
Information Source: MPS
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- Father Purcell Memorial Exceptional Children's Center
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation