Art Therapy in Alzheimer's presentation to be held at First United Methodist | Events
The First United Methodist Alzheimer's Respite Day Program will host one of the top neurologists in the southeast, Dr. Daniel Potts on Feb. 8th to talk about Art Therapy in Alzheimer's.
Potts' presentation will be held at the First United Methodist Church on Feb. 9 from noon to 1:30 p.m. The talk is free and open to the public.
About the First United Methodist Alzheimer's Respite Day Program:
Every Monday and Wednesday loved ones with family or friends with Alzheimer's or Parkinson's can drop them off at the church from 10-2PM for exercise, music, art and fellowship. The program is staffed by approximately 35 community volunteers.
For more information on the program on the Art Therapy in Alzheimer's presentation, contact the Director of Respite Ministry at First United Methodist, Daphne Johnston, at 440-9911.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding