MPS registration to start next week | Events
As a reminder, registration for the new school year begins next week.
Middle school students can register Monday through Thursday, July 16-26 from noon to 5:30 p.m.
High school students can register Monday through Thursday, July 23- August 2 from noon to 5:30 p.m.
Elementary students can register Monday through Thursday, July 30- August 9 from noon to 5:30 p.m.
To register in a Montgomery Public School parents or legal guardians must provide the following:
- Child's birth certificate
- Up-to-date Alabama immunization record (blue card from a doctor or the county health department)
- Child's Social Security Card
- If the student is re-enrolling or moving from another system, bring the withdrawal slip from previous school. along with grades and attendance records
The parent or guardian must present a photo identification and a document verifying their legal residence, which can include a recent gas or electricity bill.
To enter kindergarten a child must be 5 years-old on or before September 2.
To enter first grade a child must be 6 year-old on or before September 2.
Students are assigned to schools based on their home address. Parents should register their child at their zoned school. To enter your address to see what school your child should attend visit the “For Parents” section of the MPS website, www.mps.k12.al.us. Any questions about should be directed to the MPS Student Support Services office by calling (334) 223-6850.
Information Source: MPS
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MPD investigating fatal shooting; nearby house surrounded by SWAT
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps