ASU President's Golf Tournament is set for Saturday | Events
The ASU President's Golf Tournament, is set for Saturday, June 30th from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Legislator golf course at Prattville’s Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail. The awards ceremony will take place a 2 p.m. at ASU's President's House on North University Dr., which is near the WVAS radio tower.
This event is open to the public and benefits ASU scholarships and student programs. Those interested in participating can preregister or simply show up at 7 a.m. at the golf course and register at then. Registration is $150 per person, which includes green fee, cart rental, course refreshments, premium gift package, 19th hole dinner and door prizes. Proceeds will benefit the ASU Trust for Educational Excellence.
The fun-filled event will offer lots of "goodies" for all the players, food and refreshments, and great prizes and fun after the event at the ASU President's House.
The golf activities begin at 7 a.m. Saturday with registration, and the tee-off for the shotgun start/scramble format will occur promptly at 8 a.m.
Saturday’s tournament is a two-person scramble format with the best shot selected and players will hit from that position. Any ties for trophy winners will be determined by scorecards, starting from the 18th hole and going back. A maximum of four mulligans may be purchased for $5 each during registration, but may be used on tees or fairways only.
Prizes will be awarded to teams for low gross (first and second place) in up to three flights: President’s Champion Flight, C. C. Baker First Flight and James Shannon Second Flight. Individual prizes also will be awarded for closest to the pin, James Parker Award for longest drive, and best dressed golfer. Immediately following the tournament, this fun-filled day culminates with the 19th hole celebration on the back lawn of the President’s home on the campus of ASU, with a buffet luncheon, awards presentation and door prizes (in case of inclement weather it will be moved to the Dunn-Oliver Acadome Banquet Room).
The tournament is open to the public. Registration is $150 per person, which includes green fee, cart rental, course refreshments, premium gift package, 19th hole dinner and door prizes.
For more information on the tournament, contact the tournament coordinator, at 334-782-2053.
Source: ASU Office of Media Relations
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Develop nerves of steel with Kevin Elko on May 29
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office now accepting applications for Citizens Police Academy
- Club Blaze's license revoked by the Montgomery City Council
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- Autauga County search linked to Prattville police chase
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!