Bernice King and others from the King Center to visit Montgomery | Events
The Southern Youth Leadership Development Institute will host Elder Bernice King and the King Center in Montgomery, Alabama on Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 9:30a.m.
The visit is part of the King Center Summer Nonviolence Camp “N.O.W (Nonviolence Opportunity Watch) which prepares young people ages 13-18 to apply Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s philosophy of nonviolence to resolve conflicts in their daily lives and become ambassadors for nonviolent social change.
Youth will take part in experiential learning field trips to Montgomery and Birmingham, Alabama, as well as team-building activities; creative presentations; non-competitive sports games; contemporary positive music; and celebrity guests.
The Montgomery tour includes visits to the King parsonage, Dexter Avenue Church, Hill House, and ends with lunch at the Southern Youth Leadership Development Institute office (530 Union Street).
Source: Southern Youth Leadership Development Institute
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Club Blaze's license revoked by the Montgomery City Council
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation