APEC set to host inaugural state-wide conference concerning children with disabilities | Events
Alabama Parent Education Center’s PTI project is hosting a statewide conference for families of children with disabilities, educators, and professionals working with families. Improving Outcomes for Children With Disabilities Parents and Teachers Together is set for June 15th. Registration is at 7:30 a.m. Sessions are from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Conference sessions are designed to give participants increased knowledge and understanding of:
1. Alabama’s Special Education System and Services
2. Standards Based Education and the New Common Core Standards
3. Legal Trends and Issues in Special Education
Sessions will be transmitted live via video conferencing at 4 Alabama locations:
- Madison City Schools, Central Office, Board Room
- Mobile County Board of Education, Board Room
- Auburn University at Montgomery, Goodwyn Hall Rm 115
- Glenwood Autism Center, Harper Chapel
Conference Collaborators and Sponsors:
- Alabama State Department of Education, Special Education Services
- Alabama Disabilities Advocacy Program
- Madison City Schools Board of Education
- Mobile County Board of Education
- Auburn University at Montgomery, Center for Disability Services
- Glenwood Autism and Behavioral Health Center
- Alabama Supercomputer Authority
- ACCESS Distance Learning
- University of Alabama IITS
For More Information, contact the Alabama Parent Education Center Parent Training and Information Center Project at 334-567-2252 or 866-532-7660, via Fax at 334-567-9938 or via their website.
Register for the confrence online here.