Two arrested in connection with March 1 homicide | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery police have arrested two men in connection with the city's 11th homicide of the year.
MPD detectives have charged 18-year-old Devonte Worley and 20-year-old Jarques Smith with one count of capital murder each in connection with the March 1, 2013 shooting death of 21-year-old Darium Hill.
Authorities found Hill suffering from a gunshot wound in the 900 block of Airbase Blvd. around 2:40 p.m. on Friday, March 1. Hill was transported to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
An initial investigation indicates that Hill's death was the result of an ongoing dispute.
At the time of his arrest, Worley was already incarcerated at the Montgomery County Detention Facility on unrelated charges. Both Worley and Smith are being held without bond.
Hill's death was Montgomery's 11th homicide of 2013.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding