Child shot by teen in attempted robbery | Crime
FLATWOOD COMMUNITY, AL (WSFA) - A Montgomery boy is in stable condition at Children's Hospital in Birmingham after he was shot by a teen during an attempted robbery Sunday afternoon.
According to the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office, an 11-year-old boy was shot and injured during a robbery attempt near Cobb Lane in the Flatwood Community around 12:30 p.m. Sunday.
The suspect, a 13-year-old, has been booked into the Montgomery Youth Facility and faces robbery first degree and assault first degree charges. Due to the suspect's age, their identity cannot be released.
At last check the 11-year-old was listed in "stable" condition.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MPD investigating fatal shooting on Brookview Drive
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps