MPD investigating Cloverdale-Idlewild shooting incident | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery Police report a man was shot on Wednesday evening near Lexington Road in the Cloverdale-Idlewild area.
Authorities say the victim's injuries were non-life threatening. Circumstances surrounding the shooting are under investigation. No one is in custody at this time.
The Cloverdale-Idlewild Neighborhood Association send out these details to the neighborhood residents:
This is an FYI email. There was a shooting last night in the 3300 block of Lexington Road. The victim was a 64 year old woman. She was sitting on her sofa when shots were fired through her front window. She was shot on the left side of the forehead where the bullet lodged in her skin. The injury was non-life threatening. The weapon was located and impounded by the police for safe-keeping. This information was obtained from and verified by the Montgomery Police Department.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school