Arrest made in Park Towne Way homicide | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery Police say the man they believe responsible for the city's 6th homicide of 2013 is now in custody.
MPD detectives have arrested and charged 18-year-old Kenyaree Fuller with one count of capital murder after taking him into custody on Saturday.
Authorities were called to the 4700 block of Park Towne Way shortly after midnight on Friday, January 18. They located the victim, 29-year-old Douglas Gray dead at the scene - he had been shot multiple times.
The circumstances surrounding Gray's death were initially unknown. Upon further investigation, detectives determined that Fuller had set up a meeting with Gray intending to rob him. During the course of the robbery, Gray was fatally shot.
Gray's death was labeled as Montgomery's 6th homicide of 2013.
Fuller is now being held without bond at the Montgomery County Detention Facility.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Club Blaze's license revoked by the Montgomery City Council
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation