Man charged with reckless murder for alcohol-related interstate fatality | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery Police say alcohol was involved in a fatal traffic accident on Thursday that claimed the life of a Montgomery woman. Authorities have now arrested the driver of that vehicle and charged him with reckless murder.
Authorities responded to a fatal crash on I-85 northbound at the Perry Hill Road exit shortly before midnight on October 18. The passenger of the vehicle, 21-year-old Latisha Henderson died as a result of injuries she sustained in the crash. The driver, 30-year-old Darren Williams and an infant also in the vehicle were transported to a local hospital for treatment.
MPD's initial investigation indicated the vehicle lost control and struck the concrete divider. Accident investigators later determined the cause of the crash was alcohol-related. Williams, the diver of the vehicle, was charged with one count of reckless murder shortly after his release from the hospital.
Williams is being held at the Montgomery County Detention Facility under a $75,000 bond.
Henderson is the City of Montgomery's 18th traffic fatality of 2012.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Club Blaze's license revoked by the Montgomery City Council
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation