Authorities investigating stabbing at Hyundai plant | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Authorities say they are investigating a stabbing that happened early Wednesday morning at the Hyundai plant in Montgomery.
Montgomery Police confirm they were dispatched to Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama in the 700 block of Hyundai Blvd. at 6 a.m. Wednesday.
One subject was stabbed during an argument with another individual. The victim received non-life threatening injuries however he is still recovering at a local hospital.
A representative of HMMA stated an incident of work place violence took place between two employees of sub-contractors used by HMMA - the individuals involved were not direct employees of HMMA. The representative said the plant's emergency response team and security personnel responded to the incident. Police were then called to the plant where they conducted an investigation and took one individual into custody.
No additional information is available at this time. Montgomery Police say this case is still under investigation.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MPD investigating fatal shooting on Brookview Drive
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps