MPD makes arrest in Montgomery's 23rd homicide of 2012 | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery Police say the man they believe to be responsible for a fatal overnight shooting turned himself in to authorities this afternoon.
Police say 19-year-old Jordan A. Thomas has been arrested and charged with murder in the death of 20-year-old Dennis Johnson. Johnson walked in to the Baptist South ER with multiple gunshot wounds Tuesday night. He died just after 11 p.m. as a result of those wounds. Thomas turned himself in to detectives Wednesday afternoon.
An investigation conducted by the Montgomery Police Department indicated that Johnson was shot following an argument at a residence in the 3400 block of Doris Circle.
Johnson's death raises the number of homicides in Montgomery in 2012 to 23. Thomas is being held at the Montgomery County Detention Facility on $75,000 bond.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- Father Purcell Memorial Exceptional Children's Center
- 3 arrested in connection with Montgomery's 23rd homicide of 2013
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation