Police searching for suspect in city's 23rd homicide of 2012 | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery Police say they're actively pursuing leads in an overnight homicide that has been labeled the city's 23rd homicide of the year.
Police say 20-year-old Dennis Johnson walked in to the Baptist South Emergency Room late Tuesday night for treatment of multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead from his injuries just after 11 p.m.
An initial investigation indicates that Johnson was at a residence in the 3400 block of Doris Circle when he was shot by a suspect following an argument.
Police say the suspect is not in custody at this time, but police are actively pursuing strong leads.
No additional information is available at this time due to the nature of the ongoing investigation. This will be the City of Montgomery's 23rd homicide of 2012.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MPD investigating fatal shooting on Brookview Drive
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps