Man dies one week after shooting incident, named 22nd homicide of the year | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - A Montgomery man's charges have been upgraded from domestic violence to murder after his roommate died one week after a shooting incident.
Montgomery Police say 21-year-old Torquez Murray was facing a second-degree domestic violence assault charge relating to a shooting incident on Sept. 30 that left his roommate, 20-year-old Jason Harris in the hospital. On October 8, Harris died as a result of injuries sustained during the incident. Murray's charge has now been upgraded to murder.
Authorities say Harris was shot around 6:33 a.m. on September 30 at his residence in the 3600 block of Castle Ridge Road. Murray was arrested on the scene - he has been held at the Montgomery County Detention Facility since that date. His bond has now been increased to $75,000.
Harris is Montgomery's 22nd homicide of 2012.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MPD investigating fatal shooting on Brookview Drive
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps