Suspect in 17 home burglaries arrested | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Montgomery Police Department says the second person they believe is responsible for at least 17 home burglaries in the Southview Community is now in custody.
Police say 19-year-old Lamarcus Sankey turned himself in to a Scott Street law office on Monday.
Sankey has been charged with eight counts of third-degree burglary, six counts of first-degree theft and two counts of second-degree theft. Sankey is being held at the Montgomery County Detention Facility on $375,000 bond.
Police identified Sankey as a suspect in the burglaries last week. Sankey and a teenage suspect who has also been charged are linked to dozens of home burglaries in the Southview Community area dating back to January 2012.
So far police have recovered more than $9,000 worth of stolen property. More than $100,000 was stolen in all.
MPD anticipates additional charges may result from this ongoing investigation.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school
- Prattville woman arrested for multiple counts of home mortgage fraud and theft
- CrimeStoppers offering cash reward to find Autauga County chase suspect
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million