One captured, one sought in 17 home break-ins | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery Police say they've pinpointed the culprits responsible for at least 17 home break-ins in the Southview Community.
Police say they've recovered guns, jewelry and electronics - all taken from a string of burglaries in the Southview Community. Investigators located the items while serving a search warrant. And now, a juvenile is behind bars in connection with the crimes and police are looking for one other man - 19-year-old Lamarcus Sankey.
Sankey is wanted on at least 14 felony warrants including multiple counts of burglary third degree and theft charges.
Authorities are still looking for Sankey - they say he should be considered armed and dangerous.
So far police have recovered more than $9,000 worth of stolen property. More than $100,000 was stolen in all.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school
- Prattville woman arrested for multiple counts of home mortgage fraud and theft
- CrimeStoppers offering cash reward to find Autauga County chase suspect
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million