Arrest made in connection with Montgomery's 20th homicide of 2012 | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Montgomery Police Department says it has made an arrest in connection with the Monday night shooting just off of the Alabama State University campus.
Police say 24-year-old Darrell Eaton has been taken into custody in connection with the shooting death of 33-year-old Nicholas Miller.
Miller was found shot to death shortly before 5 p.m. Monday in the 600 block of N. University Drive in front of a strip of businesses. An initial investigation indicated the shooting stemmed from an argument between the victim and a second suspect.
Eaton was arrested earlier today after MPD officers located him in the area of Virginia Loop Road. Authorities say Eaton faces a murder charge in connection with the homicide of Nicholas Miller.
A photo of Darrell Eaton was not immediately available.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MPD investigating fatal shooting on Brookview Drive
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps