Montgomery shooting victim identified, labeled as city's 20th homicide of 2012 | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery Police say they are still working to develop leads after a man was shot to death Monday night on N. University Drive near the Alabama State University campus.
Authorities have identified the victim as 33-year-old Nicholas Miller.
Miller was found shot to death shortly before 5 p.m. Monday in the 600 block of N. University Drive in front of a strip of businesses.
An ASU spokesperson tells WSFA 12 News that Miller was not an ASU student, however the incident happened as some classes were dismissing for the afternoon and a number of students stopped to watch the police investigation.
MPD Spokesperson Sgt. Regina Duckett says an initial investigation indicates the shooting stemmed from an argument between the victim and a second subject.
No one is in custody at this time, however police are actively pursuing leads.
Miller is Montgomery's 20th homicide of 2012. No additional information is available for release in connection with this ongoing investigation.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City of Prattville gives details for Independence Day events.
- City to Participate in 2013 “Back to School” Sales Tax Holiday
- Prattville hosting Fountain City BMX race June 23rd
- City Announces Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening of Splash Pad
- New 70 hour per week restriction to hit 18-wheeler drivers on July 1