DOCUMENT: ABI investigates after suspect attempts to strike officer with vehicle | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Alabama Bureau has stepped in to investigate an attempted murder case in Montgomery after an on-duty officer fired his weapon at a suspect who was trying to strike the officer with his vehicle.
WSFA 12 News first reported Sunday night that the ABI has stepped in to investigate an incident were a Montgomery Police Officer is alleged to have fired his weapon into an occupied vehicle.
Now, 19-year-old James Oneal Hubbard has been arrested and charged with the attempted murder of MPD Officer J.A. Crook in connection with the early morning incident.
Court documents state Hubbard was arrested after the incident just before 1 a.m. on Sunday, September 9 on Bonaparte Blvd. for attempting to attack Officer Crook with his vehicle. The ABI was called in to investigate due to the fact that Officer Crook discharged his weapon.
Hubbard is being held at the Montgomery County Detention Facility on $60,000 bond. Jail records also show he is being held due to a probation violation.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MPD investigating fatal shooting on Brookview Drive
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps