Reckless murder, hindering prosecution arrests made in 19th homicide of 2012 | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Montgomery Police Department has arrested two people in connection with the city's 19th homicide of the year.
MPD says 23-year-old Antonio Smiley has been arrested and charged with reckless murder, 25-year-old Loretta Davidson has been arrested and charged with hindering prosecution. Both were taken into custody in connection with the shooting death of 21-year-old Alfreda Davidson.
Davidson was found shot to death on the front porch of a residence in the 2300 block of Mill Street on Monday morning.
An initial investigation indicated that two males standing outside the residence were involved in a verbal altercation that escalated to gunfire. Authorities believe Davidson was walking between residences when she was struck.
Upon further investigation, MPD identified Smiley and Loretta Davidson, Alfreda Davidson's sister, as suspects in the shooting.
Authorities say there is no additional information available for release as this is an ongoing investigation.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MPD investigating fatal shooting on Brookview Drive
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps