Montgomery woman charged with assault after night club stabbing incident | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - A Montgomery woman has been charged with assault in connection with a stabbing at a well-known Montgomery nightclub.
Police say an adult male was admitted to a local hospital around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday, August 29 for treatment of a life-threatening stab wound.
Investigators say the victim sustained that wound following an altercation inside a nightclub in the 900 block of Highland Avenue. Witnesses to the incident say it happened that night at The Rose Supper Club.
Montgomery Police have arrested 24-year-old Shandra Cooley and charged her with first-degree assault relating to the stabbing incident. She is being held at the Montgomery County Detention Facility.
The victim of this incident is currently listed in stable condition at a local hospital.
WSFA 12 News viewers may remember Shandra Cooley as the mother of a 3-year-old boy who was struck and killed by a vehicle following an altercation that broke out at a Montgomery residence in May.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City to Participate in 2013 “Back to School” Sales Tax Holiday
- Prattville hosting Fountain City BMX race June 23rd
- City Announces Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening of Splash Pad
- New 70 hour per week restriction to hit 18-wheeler drivers on July 1
- Arrest made in Prattville police chase that involved officer car crash