Montgomery police officer arrested on theft charges | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL - The Montgomery Police Department confirms that it has arrested one of its own officers in connection with the theft of funds confiscated in a narcotics arrest.
Police Chief Kevin J. Murphy immediately initiated termination proceedings against the officer, who has resigned.
MPD charged Milton Strother, 25, with one count of second-degree theft, a Class C felony.
Following his arrest late Tuesday, Strother was transported to the Montgomery County Detention Facility, where he was being held under a $2,500 bond.
Montgomery Police initiated the investigation after determining that cash seized in a narcotics case last year had not been returned as ordered by a judge hearing the case.
In the course of the investigation, MPD says it developed information that led to Strother's arrest. Strother was hired in 2007.
Because the investigation is continuing, no additional information is available for public release.
INFORMATION SOURCE: Montgomery Police Department
Upcoming Events near Central Montgomery
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Search halted at nightfall for Autaugaville fisherman missing since Sunday
- Prattville awared study grant to neighborhood revitalization
- 10 dogs seized from suspected fighting pen in Autaugaville
- Making A Difference: Church steps in after family loses home to fire
- 1 critical, 2 others hurt in Prattville crash