Montgomery police officer arrested on theft charges | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL - The Montgomery Police Department confirms that it has arrested one of its own officers in connection with the theft of funds confiscated in a narcotics arrest.
Police Chief Kevin J. Murphy immediately initiated termination proceedings against the officer, who has resigned.
MPD charged Milton Strother, 25, with one count of second-degree theft, a Class C felony.
Following his arrest late Tuesday, Strother was transported to the Montgomery County Detention Facility, where he was being held under a $2,500 bond.
Montgomery Police initiated the investigation after determining that cash seized in a narcotics case last year had not been returned as ordered by a judge hearing the case.
In the course of the investigation, MPD says it developed information that led to Strother's arrest. Strother was hired in 2007.
Because the investigation is continuing, no additional information is available for public release.
INFORMATION SOURCE: Montgomery Police Department
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MPD investigating fatal shooting on Brookview Drive
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps