Montgomery man stabbed to death, roommate arrested | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery Police have arrested the roommate of an early morning stabbing victim and charged her with murder.
According to the Montgomery Police Department, units responded to the 1500 block of South Holt Street at approximately 5:20 a.m. in reference to a report of a subject stabbed.
When they arrived on the scene they found the victim, 67-year-old Andrew Hawkins, with a stab wound. Hawkins was transported to Baptist South where he was pronounced dead.
MPD's initial investigation indicates that Hawkins and his roommate, 50-year-old Rita Corbin, had been involved in a verbal altercation that escalated to a stabbing.
Corbin was taken in to custody at the scene and charged with murder.
She is being held under a $75,000 bond at the Montgomery County Detention Facility.
Hawkins is Montgomery's 15th homicide of 2012.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City of Prattville gives details for Independence Day events.
- City to Participate in 2013 “Back to School” Sales Tax Holiday
- Prattville hosting Fountain City BMX race June 23rd
- City Announces Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening of Splash Pad
- New 70 hour per week restriction to hit 18-wheeler drivers on July 1