Man arrested for assaulting a police officer | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery Police say a call that started as a domestic dispute between relatives turned violent and ended with an injured police officer.
Authorities were called to the 3700 block of Gaslight Curve around 7:30 p.m. Monday. As the officers attempted to take the suspect, 21-year-old Kadarius Gray, into custody, he resisted arrest. As a result, an officer received a shoulder injury and was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Gray was taken into custody and charged with assault in the second degree of a police officer and resisting arrest. He was transported to the Montgomery County Detention Facility where he is being held on $30,000 bond. The injured officer has been released from the hospital.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City to Participate in 2013 “Back to School” Sales Tax Holiday
- Prattville hosting Fountain City BMX race June 23rd
- City Announces Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening of Splash Pad
- New 70 hour per week restriction to hit 18-wheeler drivers on July 1
- Arrest made in Prattville police chase that involved officer car crash