Body found near community center identified, considered homicide | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery Police have released the identity of the body found near Sheridan Heights Community Center and say his death is now considered a homicide.
Authorities say the body of 25-year-old Carmichael Teague was discovered Thursday night lying in the roadway in the 3500 block of Faro Drive around 10:45 p.m.
An investigation into the incident revealed that Teague had sustained a gunshot wound and as a result his death is now labeled as a homicide.
Police ask individuals with knowledge of this incident to call CrimeStoppers at 215-STOP, Secret Witness at 262-4000, or the Montgomery Police Department at 625-2831. At this time no arrests have been made and no additional information is available due to the ongoing investigation.
Teague's death has been listed as Montgomery's 11th homicide of 2012 - a previous homicide had been labeled as number 11 however MPD has revised its code of traffic fatalities making the death of Saralyn Lewis a traffic fatality but not a homicide.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school
- Prattville woman arrested for multiple counts of home mortgage fraud and theft
- CrimeStoppers offering cash reward to find Autauga County chase suspect
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million