Inmate from Montgomery stabbed to death at Bibb Correctional Facility | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - A Montgomery man was stabbed to death Thursday while serving time at the Bibb Correctional Facility.
According to a release from the Alabama Department of Corrections, 33-year-old Jeremy James suffered stab wounds while involved in an altercation with another inmate on May 24. James, who had been serving a 20 year sentence for robbery out of Montgomery County, was pronounced dead at approximately 6:12 p.m. at Bibb Medical Center.
Another inmate from Montgomery, 37-year-old Nathan Thomas, is in custody as a suspect. Thomas is serving a 21 year sentence for assault and manslaughter. He was sentenced on October 20, 1993.
Consistent with ADOC policy, the circumstances surrounding James’ death are under investigation through the Department’s Investigation and Intelligence Division. The Department of Forensic Sciences will perform an autopsy to determine the actual cause of death.
Bibb Correctional Facility is a medium security prison housing approximately 1,900 inmates.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City to Participate in 2013 “Back to School” Sales Tax Holiday
- Prattville hosting Fountain City BMX race June 23rd
- City Announces Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening of Splash Pad
- New 70 hour per week restriction to hit 18-wheeler drivers on July 1
- Arrest made in Prattville police chase that involved officer car crash